top of page

OHIP: Government-Funded 

The Government of Ontario along with the Ministry of Health provide government-funded physiotherapy services to help patients recover from illness, surgery or injury through the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). To become a recipient of government-funded physiotherapy, you must meet at least one of the mandatory requirements/qualifications. 

Government-Funded Physiotherapy:

Do I qualify?

** You must have a valid OHIP card (Ontario health card) **

Eligibility Requirements:

  • are a long-term care resident who is age 18 or older

  • have been discharged as an inpatient of a hospital after an overnight stay (within the last 12 months) and require physiotherapy for the condition, illness or injury for which you were hospitalized

  • receive income from Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program

  • are 65 or older

  • are 19 or under

  • are 65 or older and require in-home physiotherapy (whether in your own home or a retirement home): contact a Home and Community Care Support Services organization

  • are living in a long-term care home

If you are not listed above, the government will not cover your physiotherapy

If I qualify for government-funded physiotherapy, what's the next step?

If you qualify for government-funded physiotherapy, you must get a referral from a physician or nurse practitioner to be seen by one of our physiotherapists.

Without a referral, we will not be able provide government-funded physiotherapy!

All of this information can be found using this link

bottom of page